HR Business Intelligence Intern (Summer 2020)
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
The HRBI Developer Intern will contribute technical and analytical expertise within the HR Business Intelligence & Workforce Strategy team. In addition, the Intern will participate in the design, development, maintenance and enhancement of advanced analytics and tools, which enable reports and statistical analysis informing decisions in all businesses supported by our function. Subject areas within Workforce Strategy scope comprise all aspects of Human Capital management including headcount, attrition, performance, talent acquisition, organizational evolution, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, audit and compliance and many other subject areas.
The HRBI Developer Intern will participate in production and delivery of key data and business metrics in collaboration with cross functional teams, balancing flexibility for the business with the necessary information governance enterprise-wide.
-Under the guidance of the HRBI Principle Analyst, the Intern will own the development and implementation of automation standards and create operational efficiencies using systematic methods to increase productivity and lead change
-Perform business analyst tasks by researching, documenting and communicating business processes, data requirements and automated business process recommendations, including solutions that support consistent, automated reports and business metrics
-Perform heavy data analysis and research, with the ability to manipulate, analyze, and trend results. In addition, will support creating new methods of communicating human capital analysis and reporting to assist producers and consumers in standard MS SQL, MS Office tools, and potentially other environments
-Execute all responsibilities and interactions with an extremely high level of confidentiality, professional discretion and maintaining the absolute security of information that is required in the context of Human Capital management.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
· Partnering with the HRBI Principle Analyst, drive the development, implementation, maintenance and expansion of team data marts, data cubes, tables and peripheral sources supporting required and desired Tableau dashboards and analytics
- Hold ownership of data models, adapt to new datasets, design and update Tableau and other dependent reports as needed
- Test datasets for completeness against requirements and standards insuring accuracy of a high volume of records
- Create and/or re-name objects for clarity and ease of use; contribute to glossary of standard definitions
- Implement efficiencies to reduce impact on servers
· Manage key data validations, including interaction with functional leads in data stewardship and identifying and driving resolution of data issues
· Oversee BI Security roles, monitor approval process and maintain alignment with role definitions as to appropriate visibility of HRBI data and measures
· Work with IT and BI organizations on future data structures and deployment processes, and collaborate with both in the general maintenance of HRBI systems and related controls
· Participate in activities associated with systems and reporting enhancements and releases including the creation and execution of project plans, documentation of business requirements, testing sessions, creating and reviewing test scripts and logistical requirements, and results documentation
· Drive efficiencies in the team’s workload and methods with the use of MS SQL Server tools (SSIS/SSRS), Access and Tableau to streamline processes
· Partner with stakeholders to identify valuable datasets from internal and external sources and models and provide in meaningful format
· Support the design of ad hoc analysis and reporting requests and periodic organizational planning as needed
· Document data findings, provide details, and present observations and conclusions with recommendations to management and teams as reporting capabilities and experience increase
-Currently enrolled student working towards a bachelor's or master's degree (master's degree preferred) at an accredited college or university
-Prefer 3.5 gpa and above
-Proficiency with SQL, SSIS, ETL, R, Python, Tableau, and Power BI preferred
What you’re looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It’s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do — including how we work. If you’re driven, passionate and curious, we invite you to make a difference with a brand you can believe in. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If we just described you, then we really need to talk.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.