Business Development Rep at Rapid7
Rapid7 has partnered with ScholarJet to create a rewarding experience as well as un-bias approach to hiring through an online skills-based competition. Candidates apply for the position by showcasing their work in the competition with an added bonus of winning $1,000 towards paying off student debt.
Here at Rapid7, we strive for a diverse workforce that mirrors the best minds around the world as well as the security community we serve. With a strong diversity of mindset, we can push the boundaries of our thinking and pursue our goals of continuous innovation and secure advancement for all.
Learn more about Rapid7's values and opportunities by visiting their website.
Rapid7 is seeking the next generation of sales and professional superstars for our business development program.
Our Business Development Program provides the basis and foundation to launch your technology career. Not only will you hone your skills as a business development representative uncovering opportunities with prospects and customers and maximizing opportunity from inbound marketing leads, we will enable and develop your skills across technical selling, demand generation, sales operations, networking and technical acumen.
As a BDR you will….
1. Develop and manage high volume prospecting to qualify inbound leads through calls, emails and other channel
2. Uncover potential opportunities across the customer lifecycle (new business, upsell/cross-sell) for the sales organization
3. Partner closely with account executives to develop and implement outreach strategies for your inbound leads
4. Conduct discovery with prospective buyers and create next steps including scheduling meetings for account executives for further qualification
5. Progress in the program – you will have goals across performance as well as skill development set up for you to achieve your career progression from business development into sales or other departments
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Self-starter and team player with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- A history of extracurricular activities such as sports, student government, leadership roles, part-time or full-time work, etc.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The drive to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Prior sales experience preferred but not required
Your qualification for this position will be primarily determined by your submission to this competition.