Administrative Summer Intern – Financial Planning & Analysis (668076)
Ball Aerospace 2020 Summer Intern Program:
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Administrative Intern – Financial Planning & Analysis
What You’ll Do
- Support quarterly forecasting process and related analysis.
- Assist with detailed analyses of the financials, standard reporting packages and provide support to core business partners.
- Access and retrieve information and data from various systems and reporting tools.
- Support in preparation and review of capital investment opportunities with financial modeling.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with other finance functions to understand monthly reporting and support accurate financial results and forecasts.
- Assist with the review of monthly results and providing summative analysis to management and core business partners.
- Support standardization of process flow and documentation within the finance function including for audit reviews.
- Assist with raising financial acumen within team and core business partners through training and communication.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, SBUs/SSUs and the company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- You must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2020. We will also accept graduating seniors enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Progress towards and MBA with an emphasis in Finance/Accounting or related field preferred.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the following areas: finance, accounting, Economic Value Added (EVA), business and economic principles and practices, financial modeling and Excel spreadsheets, preferred.
- Ability to make detailed presentations of financial analysis, including on projects and a variety of business topics.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.