CRST Expedited, Inc. is hiring for driven and hard working Driver Managers. You will be provided with eight weeks of paid training. This training is in a classroom setting, as well as "hands on" while shadowing and developing your skills. As a Driver Manager you are KEY to the success of our drivers and to our business. Successful Driver Managers thrive in a fast paced work environment, are problem solvers, and most importantly are incredible relationship builders.
Job Summary: The Driver Manager is responsible for managing and developing relationships with drivers to increase overall driver satisfaction and to improve driver retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach and manage drivers a fleet of drivers to ensure high on-time delivery performance and fleet profitability.
- Develop relationship with drivers to improve performance and encourage retention.
- Communicate customer needs to drivers through dispatch instruction.
- Review and authorize driver pay related items.
- Ensure driver and other transportation safety procedures are followed.
- Coordinate with Load Planning personnel to obtain loads that meet driver and customer needs.
- Act as the driver advocate toward internal departments to answer driver questions, driver concerns, and/or resolve issues.
- Maximize equipment utilization and driver pay.
- Work closely with other departments to meet customer, driver, and company objectives and safety initiatives.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 1-2 years of previous experience in a related field required
- High school diploma or GED required and a degree in a related field preferred
- Previous management or coaching experience highly preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
CRST is an EOE. Offer contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screening.