We are looking for a driven and determined sales individual to help us book freight with outside carriers by making relationships and building accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with partner carriers and customers to ensure loads are booked
- Work closely with all departments within CRST in order to increase revenues, hold down cost, increase total market share, and resolve customer and/or carrier issues.
- Broker freight and negotiate rates with carriers who will meet or exceed service and safety standards to maximize margins.
- Provide exemplary customer service to customer base and carriers.
- Resolve conflicts with or between customers, carriers, shippers and receivers.
- Settle disputes with carriers on pay issues.
- Ensure all carriers and freight moved complies with federal regulations.
- Inquire about additional sales opportunities with carriers during each contact.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 6-12 months of previous experience in a related field preferred
- High school diploma or GED required and a degree in a related field preferred
- Must be able to multi-task and handle interruptions
- Negotiation and basic computer skills are essential
CRST is an EOE. Offers contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug test.