CLS Adaptive Sports & Recreation Intern Development Program
The CLS Adaptive Sports & Recreation Intern Development Program is a comprehensive training program created to ensure that interns with a healthcare or exercise science background gain the knowledge and skills necessary to provide innovative and quality services while mastering an understanding of the exercise precautions and safe and adapted methods of exercise and sports development across various disabilities. In accordance with our mission and vision, we hope our CLS interns will enhance the experience of our special kids and adults attending our programs. Intern roles & responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership in program/camp functions while working in alignment with the vision of our organization.
- Participate actively with all age groups and ability levels.
- Cleaning equipment and assisting with maintenance of equipment and interactive fitness systems.
- Manage volunteers by delegating tasks and assigning volunteers to participants
- Offer ideas for adaptations to enhance our programming
- Assist in developing future adaptive programs.
Courage League Sports will work with our interns to meet their required hours, but due to special events and projects, interns may exceed those hours slightly in order to meet the requirements of the CLS internship program. Courage League requires flexible hours including evenings and weekends, but we will make every effort to work with our intern’s schedules.