Intern - Accounting (Mankato, MN)
This internship serves Compeer Financial’s internal and external clients by providing financial accounting services. The intern will primarily focus on Compeer’s general ledger balancing, monetary and lease accounting services. This is a paid internship; however, students must provide their own housing and transportation. Business related transportation and expenses will be paid by the organization.
- Cash Desk: Assist team responsible for a variety of monetary tools, to ensure accurate and secure money movement for Compeer and our clients.
- General Ledger(GL) Balancing: Work with team responsible for Compeer’s large cash and loan clearing reconciliations to assist with smaller yet important account reconciliation work, as well as a variety of work that serves the sales and support teams.
- Lease Accounting: Provide assistance to the team who handles booking, maintaining and servicing the lease portfolio.
- Client service: Provide high quality service to internal clients by answering questions and resolving issues related to work for each of the three teams noted above.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working towards completing an accounting or finance degree, with 1-2 years completed.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and software applications such as Excel and Word.
- Solid interpersonal, organizational, communication, problem solving and time management skills required.
- Must also be detail-oriented. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
Compeer Financial requires all applicants to complete the application on our website to be considered for this position. Apply online here.