OER seeks motivated, committed, and collaborative staff to help remediate contaminated land and deliver environmental assistance to New York City's communities. Project Managers perform professional scientific work in engineering geology and geology on project sites under the E-Designation and City’s Voluntary Cleanup program.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Implement applicable laws and regulations and policy to meet Mayor’s Office, Dept. of Environmental Protection (DEP), and OneNYC strategic environmental, remedial and engineering goals.
• Become fluent in all OER environmental quality programs (NYC VCP, E-Designation Hazmat, Noise and Air) and other OER Programs including JumpStart, BIG Grants, Brownfield Partnership, Green Team, Green Property Certification, SPEED, EPIC, Clean Soil Bank, PURE Soil NYC and be prepared to provide assistance and answer questions from the public.
• Review plans, reports and schedules prepared by consultants, contractors, and agencies, and produce engineering analyses to assure technical quality and conformance with project completion dates, as well as with technical, programmatic, and regulatory considerations.
• Conduct communications with development teams, the general public, elected officials, the press and other city agencies in accordance with OER, Mayor’s Office and DEP policies.
• Oversee, inspect, and participate in field sampling and remediation, and oversee engineering activities.
• Maintain databases and archives established by OER management for oversight of programs.