Sr. Formulations Scientist
Our Business is Biorationals
At Valent BioSciences, our focus is on building the strongest portfolio of biorational solutions to improve agricultural productivity, protect public health, and keep our forests beautiful. It's all part of our commitment to creating value for our customers around the world — and doing so in a sustainable way. We invite you to explore our offerings and learn how Valent BioSciences can help you make a positive difference in your world.
Come join us at our new state-of-the-art Biorational Research Center.
Description of Job: Provide research leadership in the discovery, development and evaluation of innovative formulation processes and formulations for new and existing biorational products, including those applied directly to seeds and soil environments. Work in a collaborative team environment with other Research groups, Regulatory Affairs, Field Development, Business Management, Supply Chain and third parties. Provide technical support for current products and products under development, including production scale-up responsibilities.
• Design, create and develop novel and proprietary formulation processes, formulations and application technologies for the improvement of existing biorational products and creation of new biorational products.
• Evaluate new prototype formulations (physical, chemical, biological evaluations).
• Conduct scale-up studies to take prototype formulations from lab bench-top to pilot scale to production scale.
• Develop manufacturing methods and coordinate with Supply Chain and third party formulators to transfer technology.
• Provide technical leadership and support to Supply Chain and third party formulators as needed.
• Prepare representative batches to support GLP phys/chem characterization and registration studies. Prepare product chemistry documentation to support global product registrations.
• Work with Business Management, Research and Development teams to identify formulation needs and opportunities and prepare product design goals.
• Remain current with new formulation and application technologies and trends.
• Maintain accurate experimental records of all work using an Electronic Notebook system.
• Maintain other records as necessary to support patent applications for innovative products and processes.
• Keep current with emerging formulations and delivery technologies, as well as global standard test methods and practices for formulations
Experience: Extensive experience and successful track record in the design and development of various types of advanced formulations, including controlled release and sustained release delivery systems, for agriculture, pharma, and/or consumer products. Experience in formulating microbials and natural products is strongly desired. Working knowledge and experience in pilot plant-scale formulation processes and experience in transferring technology to commercial production. Experience in GLP and SOP practices.
Education: Ph.D., preferably in Chemistry/Biological Sciences