Associate Sales Representative - Sales Development Program - #223315
What you'll do:
We are currently looking for dynamic, sales career driven individuals to join our employee benefits sales team!
Here is just part of our program:
- Assignment to one of our national training centers where you'll learn our business followed by a Sales Representative territory assignment.
- A comprehensive 9 month program designed to expose you to all aspects of our business, including: professional selling skills, marketing, product distribution, pricing, product knowledge, risk analysis and customer care.
- Intensive classroom-based study and opportunities to network with, and learn from our senior leaders.
- On-the-job training with sales leaders and mentors who can help you learn the employee benefits business and prepare you for the opportunity to drive sales within an assigned territory.
Once you have gained the required knowledge of the business and secured your insurance license, you can directly impact territory sales, overall business unit success, and your compensation through the following activities:
- Developing and executing sales plans
- Building relationships with brokers within your assigned territory
- Successfully marketing Group Life, Disability, Dental, Vision, and Critical Illness solutions through brokers for employer groups ranging from 3 to 999 employees
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We’ll reward you for the skills and experience you have. Find out more.
- Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture.
- A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals.
- The ability to have a great job and a great life. Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That’s why we provide the flexibility needed to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
- Bachelor's degree or 8 years of equivalent experience required at the time of hire
- Strong interest in a career in external sales
- Must have sales aptitude and positive relationship building skills
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, and accountable for own actions
- Adaptable to change as well as managing multiple projects
- Life/Health License required within 90 days of hire
- Requires ability to work independently, excellent and persuasive written and oral communication skills, excellent presentation skills, and basic computer skills
- Willingness to travel within the identified territory as needed for this position
PREFERRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Awards or recognition from sales competitions
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills preferred but not required
- Outstanding extra-curricular, leadership, or community involvement
This position may be located in:
- Costa Mesa, CA
- Columbia, MD
- Cincinnati, OH
- Rye Brook, NY
- Seattle, WA
- Overland Park, KS
- Walnut Creek, CA
- Addison, TX
- Tampa, FL
- Waltham, MA
- Charlotte, NC
- Minnetonka, MN
- Downers Grove, IL
- Atlanta, GA
- Nashville, TN
This position has multiple openings available in multiple locations.
How we hire:
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, you’ll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates who would need sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Investment Code of Ethics
For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to comply with a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
Who we are:
We help people build the kinds of lives they dream about—empowered by financial security and stability. We started in 1879 (yes, 1879) as an insurance company. Today, we’re a member of the FORTUNE 500® and a global investment management leader.
So that’s what we do. As far as who we are, well, we believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do.
Doing what’s right has been a part of who we are for more than 140 years. We focus on taking care of not only our employees, customers and advisors, but also the people who live in the communities where we do business.
Learn more about our values in the workplace.