Readiness and Resiliency (R2) Coordinator for USAG Italy
This opportunity takes place part time in Camp Darby, Italy.
Directorate of Public Works (DPW) is responsible for design, constructions, maintenance and repair of all facilities, operation of utility systems, management of all environmental and disposal waste, natural and cultural resource programs as well as providing centralized management for Army Family Housing. The U.S. Army Garrison, Italy facilitates the integration of the Readiness and Resiliency (R2) capabilities into the Commander's R2 Council (CR2C) process.
There will be 3 key project aims during the course of this research project:
1. Distribution and analysis of a survey to determine quality of life and overall health quality in the community with maximum participation.
2. Research and development of a PCS Resource Guide to be hard copied and published online.
3. Collaboration with key stakeholders to contribute to the overall USAG Italy R2 Strategic Plan.
The participant will contribute to research by facilitating discussions among key individuals concerning the overall health of USAG Italy (physical, psychological, spiritual, family, and social), to include Darby and Vicenza Military Communities. He/She will contribute to monthly working groups and the CR2C and provide quarterly updates and visibility presentation to senior leaders. The participant will develop valuable skills in project management, facilitation, data analysis, and marketing/promotion of various initiatives to internal and external audiences; skills sets that are highly valuable in conducting public health research. This is a part-time research position for an applicant currently pursuing or have already achieved a Bachelor’s degree. This position will take place in Darby, Italy.
This appointment is a twelve month research appointment, with the possibility to be renewed for additional research periods. Appointments may be extended depending on funding availability, project assignment, program rules, and availability of the participant.
Participants will receive a stipend to be determined by APG-DPW-ENV. Stipends are typically based on the participant’s academic standing, discipline, experience, and research facility location. Other benefits may include the following:
· Health Insurance Supplement. Participants are eligible to purchase health insurance through ORISE.
· Relocation Allowance
· Training and Travel Allowance
Nature of Appointment
The participant will not enter into an employee/employer relationship with ORISE, ORAU, DOD, or any other office or agency. Instead, the participant will be affiliated with ORISE for the administration of the appointment through the ORISE appointment letter and Terms of Appointment.
The below skills and traits are desirable:
· Experience in planning and developing methods to monitor goals and objectives.
· Experience in developing plans for evaluation and research.
· Experience in applying a variety of communication methods and techniques to market and promote activities.
· Ability to identify components of evidence-based health promotion programs based on behavioral change theories; proficient in public speaking.
· Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with higher headquarters and other agencies in the community.
· Citizenship: U.S. Citizen Only
· Degree: Bachelor's Degree received within the last 60 months or currently pursuing.