Intern - Diversified Credit (Mankato, MN)
This internship will provide hands-on experience in the credit and underwriting field, ideally for juniors or non-graduating seniors in college. The intern will learn how to process loan requests, loan servicing requests and other credit services for Compeer clients.
- Challenged to learn a significant amount of information during the course of the internship and take initiative to apply this information.
- Work independently with general supervision of day to day operations while taking initiative and complete responsibilities as assigned.
- Internally, work closely with the credit team leader and other team members. Will also have frequent contact with other functions throughout the organization to exchange information and clarify or verify information. Externally, have contact with clients in providing an additional level of client service as needed. In all contacts, our interns are expected to present a professional image of Compeer Financial.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be working towards completing a bachelor’s degree in agricultural business, agricultural economics or business administration, with at least two years completed.
- Solid organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, analytical, verbal and written communication and influencing skills are required.
- Proven client service skills and effective team skills are essential.
- Knowledge of farm production methods and products and a general understanding of farm business management and finance preferred.
- Demonstrate effective team skills.
- Understanding of and ability to use various computer, both business and financial, applications is required.
- Solid understanding of credit processing and servicing activities, accounting principles and practices, and credit analysis procedures.
Compeer Financial requires all applicants to complete the application on our website to be considered for this position. Apply here.