Intern - Financial Officer (Janesville, WI; Burlington, WI; Sycamore, IL; Ottawa, IL )
This internship will work with and assist a Financial Officer (FO) in providing agricultural and financial services to clients and building strong relationships with these clients. The intern will develop the ability to combine his/her agricultural and business knowledge with an understanding of each client’s current financial position in order to provide solutions to meet clients’ needs, as well as assisting the Financial Officer in marketing Compeer’s services and other related services to clients and prospective clients based upon the individual’s need for these products. The intern will also collaborate with other team members throughout the organization to gain an understanding of the broader business. This is a paid internship, however students must provide their own housing and transportation. Business related transportation and expenses will be paid by the organization
- Building relationships & networking with clients/prospects/agribusinesses.
- Learning and providing outstanding service at Compeer Financial.
- Learning how to plan a call and pre-screening a prospect.
- Ride along on crop insurance appointments and with a Consumer Lending Specialist.
- Understanding the importance of cross selling.
- Making a new loan and completion of renewals.
- Learning about loan and service products and how to analyze new loans.
- Gaining an understanding of the 5 C’s of credit (risk analysis).
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working towards completing a bachelor’s degree, with at least two years completed in agricultural economics, ag business or equivalent ag or business related degree.
- Experience, background or degree in a horticulture related industry is desired. This may include, but is not limited to the areas of nursery, landscape, greenhouse or sod.
- Solid organizational, communication, problem solving, analytical and influencing skills are required.
- Knowledge of farm production methods and products and a general understanding of farm business management and finance preferred.
- Demonstrate effective team skills.
- The understanding of and ability to use various business and financial computer applications is required.
Compeer Financial requires all applicants to complete the application on our website to be considered for this position. Apply here.