Data Analytics Consultant - Entry Level
Make your mark. Our management consulting team focuses on our clients’ critical business needs. From strategy to implementation and everything in between, our integrated solution approach is designed to help enable and manage growth, leverage resources, and mitigate costs and risks. At Plante Moran, we have a privilege of serving clients and providing consultative services as they face challenges and seek new opportunities.
Forget about getting coffee and making copies. As an intern, you’ll be treated just like our entry level staff. We’ll give you the flexibility to craft business solutions, not just spreadsheets. We are looking for candidates who are proactive learners, creative thinkers and collaborative problem solvers. Your work will include, but not be limited to:
· Meeting with clients to understand their business issues, develop impactful data-driven solutions and instill confidence by assuring the integrity of the data being used to make decisions
· Developing and applying a working knowledge of data integration and business intelligence best-practices and training on common solutions and tools utilized to solve client needs
· Leveraging your education to synthesize complex data into actionable recommendations and express results in a business context; and
· Delivering solutions in cross-functional engagement teams who serve clients across multiple industries, technology platforms and geographies.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in business analytics, computer science or a related field.
· Academic success (a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0).
· Detail-oriented leader with strong problem-solving, communication, and analytical skills
· Willingness to adapt to new technologies and ability to learn quickly.
· Experience with data visualizations and reporting platforms OR data Integration technologies with a focus on data warehouse architecture, data quality and MDM solutions preferred.
· General database knowledge; strong SQL skills preferred.
· Education or experience with Tableau, PowerBI OR Informatica, IBM Infosphere, SSIS or comparable preferred.
· Education or experience with scripting such as Python, PowerShell, Java, XML desired.
What makes us different? For starters, we’re relatively jerk-free.
On the surface, we’re one of the nation’s largest audit, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. But dig a little deeper, and you’ll see what makes us different: we’re a relatively jerk-free firm with a world-class culture and an endless array of opportunities.
We’re consistently recognized as one of Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” "Best Companies in Consulting and Professional Services,” “Best Workplaces for Women,” and “100 Best Companies for Millennials," — distinctions awarded to us based on confidential feedback from our staff. And we live by the Golden Rule—we care about our staff, clients, and communities—with one of the lowest staff turnovers in our industry. So what are you waiting for? Apply now.
This is an exempt position that may require some local, national, and occasional international travel.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.