Rotational Program (HR)
Tenneco Rotational Program
Human Resources Rotational Career Opportunity
Starting Location will be at one of Tenneco’s Manufacturing Facilities located in North America
Tenneco is an automotive company that engineers and manufactures components for nearly every major automotive brand to make vehicles cleaner and safer. With our recent acquisition of Federal-Mogul, we also supply additional technology and some of the world’s most recognizable aftermarket brands to manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers, distributors and service facilities. These products improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and enhance safety. With our product portfolio, dedication to quality, global reach, entrepreneurial setting and competitive strength, we’re at a great place to build a lasting career.
Rotational Development Program Details
Tenneco’s Rotational Development Programs prepare highly talented entry level professionals to assume future leadership roles in fast-paced, results-driven disciplines. The programs are designed to equip participants with a broad overview of the company, business units and functional areas. Assignments taking place in plant, technical and/or corporate environments. The rotational program consists of two locations with multiple assignments, with each location assignment lasting approximately 15-2 months.
The assignments will increase in their level of responsibility and complexity, and involve working closely with all levels of leadership within the company. A critical component of the rotational program is participation in business and leadership training initiatives, both formal and experiential, to broaden your understanding of Tenneco’s business environment. This program also develops critical leadership skills and will establish a professional network needed to support your career growth.
Human Resources Representative Rotational Program
At Tenneco, we know our people are the cornerstone of our success! This program is specifically designed to give our HR Representatives the critical skills and industry experience needed to successfully handle all the needs of our current and future employees in professional and production settings. Upon completion of the rotational program, these employees will have been exposed to a broad range of company settings which provides the knowledge needed to make informed decisions about an employee's career progression.
Before you consider a career as a HR Representative with Tenneco, can you answer yes to all of these questions?
1. Are you looking for the challenge of working for an industry leading company with unlimited career potential?
2. Do you consider yourself a person of integrity that can represent yourself and your company's best interests in all situations?
3. Do you feel you want to make a contribution to improve your company and not just cash a paycheck?
4. Do you enjoy making a difference by interacting with people?
If you have answered "yes" to these questions, the following are examples of the types of roles your new assignment would provide if you are selected:
What you’ll be doing:
· Participates in the explanation and administration of various hourly and salary benefits programs.
· Participates in recruitment, selection, and hiring of both hourly and salaried employees. This includes employment and educational reference checking. May also encompass the preparation of job descriptions, employment advertisements, conduct college recruiting and contact employment agencies.
· Provides assistance in labor relations activities such as contract administration and interpretation, grievance investigation, arbitration, and negotiation.
· Participates in maintaining and monitoring the Affirmative Action Program as well as assisting the Human Resources Manager in meeting all EEO requirements.
· Participates in the merit review and budget process which may encompass wage and salary surveys.
· Participates in positive employee relations activity programs such as the group meetings, plant picnic, United Way Drive, etc.
· Participates in the administration of safety compliance, training and awareness programs.
· Participates in the development and implementation of training programs for both hourly and salary personnel.
· Performs other duties relating to the Human Resources function as required.
Educational requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a Human Resources related field (i.e. Business Administration, Psychology, Industrial Relations/Human Resources or Labor Relations) or equivalent required with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Current Class Level: Senior or Graduate. *Employment will start in 2020*
· Permanent work authorization in the U.S. (No sponsorship is available for these positions)
- Co-op or internship assignments required
- Interest in automotive tier 1 component industry.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of accomplishments both inside and outside of the educational setting
- Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Experience in a leadership role; guiding and directing a team towards a common goal
· Required to relocate up to 2 times within the first 4 years of employment
- Southfield, MI
- Greenville, MI
- Waupun, WI
- Manitowoc, WI
- Van Wert, OH
- Cambridge, OH
- Burlington, IA
- South Bend, IN
- Frankfort, IN
- Sevierville, TN
- Blacksburg, VA
- Lake City, MN
- Athens, AL
- Grass Lake, MI
- Northville, MI
- Seward, NE
- Marshall, MI
- Litchfield, MI
- Kansas City, MO
- Jeffersonville, IN
- Litchfield, MI