Communications Coordinator for Digital Communication
The Communications Coordinator for Digital Communication carries out strategic development and assigned communication activities for the College and contributes expertise, creativity and resources to the College’s communication initiatives. This position collaborates with various stakeholders throughout the College to create and deliver impactful, relevant content to prospective students, current students, chiropractic patients, alumni, donors and employees.
The Communications Coordinator for Digital Communication reports to the Director of Communication and has a support responsibility to all other departments and College staff as necessary.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Communication Coordinator for Digital Communication will:
- Oversee the day-to-day creation and implementation of content on the Palmer College website.
- Be responsible for content development, acquisition, and posting of branded, creative, unique content for the website and other digital platforms.
- Monitor the website and coordinate integrative communication via social media and other channels.
- Stay current with changes in digital platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness. Train coworkers to edit and update content as appropriate.
- Track and report on Palmer College’s Google analytics and other related analytics.
- Set up analytic protocols and analyze data to ensure all web efforts are data-driven and contribute to Marketing & Communication Department goals.
- Write, edit and review content with a primary focus on digital formats including: Web and internal and external electronic communication channels; and provide content for feature stories, marketing and communication materials.
- Track assigned projects and activities, maintain applicable files and records.
- Work with various stakeholders to develop and maintain current and relevant web content while following best practices, enhancing SEO, and improving accessibility (508 compliance, etc.)
- Work with vendors to maintain and enhance web services
- Create concepts and scripting for videos, coordinate video and photos shoots
- Create, edit and distribute various email communications to outside audiences using mass email service
- Maintain and enhance Google business profiles for campuses and clinics
- Proof and copy, edit content for various projects
- Write original content for digital and print projects.
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner that fully complies with Palmer’s Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or related field required; minimum of three years related experience and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and demonstrated success in writing, editing, organizing and posting digital content.
- Demonstrate excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrate skill in using Google Analytics and other related reporting platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with digital communication.
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Comfortable using a variety of content-management systems including limited use of HTML.
- Be a team player and able to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to:
- Form original ideas and collaborate in a multi-site, collaborative environment
- Perform assigned duties with frequent interruptions
- Maintain concentration for significant periods of time
- Utilize personal computer, various software programs, other necessary equipment and general office equipment
- Analyze and resolve difficult problems
- Communicate effectively
- Work various hours as job requires
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Perform sedentary to light work in a ventilated, lighted, and temperature-controlled office setting.
- Frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, sit, lift light objects (up to 10 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the workday.
Palmer College of Chiropractic provides a generous array of benefits for full time employees, including:
Paid Time Off accrual per year – 10 vacation days; 12 sick days; minimum 16 holidays
Health Benefits – Health, vision, dental insurance
403(b) Retirement – 6% of salary employer contribution after 1 year of employment, with immediate vesting and optional employee contribution
Free Chiropractic care for employees & their dependents
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
On-site recreation facility & personal training