Research Administration Coordinator
SALARY LEVEL: $60,000-$68,000, Commensurate with experience
Huntington Medical Research Institutes is an independent, biomedical research organization dedicated to improving lives through patient-focused scientific research. Our brand-new state of the art laboratory anchors the biomedical corridor on South Fair Oaks in Pasadena. Our core areas of research focus on the brain, the heart, and the connection between these vital organs to discover and develop diagnostic tools to improve the lives of those affected by Alzheimer’s disease, other Dementias, Migraines, Heart Attacks, Stroke, and other Cardiovascular diseases.
The Research Administration Coordinator supports the VP of Research Administration and Compliance (VP RAC), and Chief Science Officer at HMRI. The Research Administration Coordinator will identify potential federal and non-federal funding opportunities for HMRI, assist with pre-award and post-award activities, track compliance documentation for Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) requirements, and coordinate our research education programs.
- Identify and conduct initial screen of potential funding opportunity that align with HMRI mission.
- Maintain pipeline of potential funding opportunities.
- Maintain and reconcile master tracking of grant requests, awards and status.
- Support VP RAC and PI’s with compilation of documents for application submission, awards, and modifications.
- Maintain official award files.
- Serve as the internal point of contact on grants related requests.
- Review and assist with internal grants related requests (pre-award, post-award, human and animal subject research).
- Enter appropriate grants information into application and sponsor systems (ASIST, eRA Commons, Grants.gov, EBRAP, iCentral, etc.)
- Maintain and reconcile master tracking of IRB, clinical trials and IACUC protocols.
- Coordinate research education programs: post-doc fellowship program, summer student program.
- Prepare and review outgoing grant documents for VP RAC approval.
- Ensure high level of quality control and accuracy on grant related documents.
- Prepare approval letters for the VP RAC approval.
- Prepare modifications for the VP RAC approval.
- Attend research administration and compliance meetings and take minutes.
- Master’s degree in related field and 1-3 years of federal grant management or research administration experience or Bachelor’s degree in related field and 3-5 years of federal grant management or research administration experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in an office setting.
- Experience in administrative support roles.
- Experience in managing, organizing and writing.
- Knowledge of IRB and IACUC requirements (a plus)
- Experience with NIH awards (a plus)
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Professional level skills in both oral and written communication