Grade 5 Teacher (1.0 FTE)
Later Elementary Teacher (Grade 5) (1.0 FTE)
Spring Valley Center for Exploration
KEA Salary Schedule
Scope of Responsibilities
To create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills , attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupil's ability; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
1. Teaches District approved curriculum.
2. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
3. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
4. Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
5. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
6. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
7. Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
8. Establishes and maintains reasonable standards and procedures for pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
9. Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps accurate records as and prepares progress reports.
10.Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
11.Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
12.Plans and coordinates the work of paraprofessional, parents, and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
13.Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays interest centers and exhibits of student's work.
1. Four year degree from an accredited teacher preparation program.
2. Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with a General Elementary K-5 (ZG) endorsement with Language Arts (BX), Math (EX), Science (DI, DP, or DX) or Social Studies (RX) endorsement
3. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
4. Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication.
1. Experience in an urban environment.
2. Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program.
3. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, and parents.
Please apply online at www.kalamazoopublicschools.com.
Kalamazoo Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer