“We are crew, not passengers”
REPORTS TO: Elementary Master Teacher
Provide high quality spiritual and academic instruction for students. Equip students to examine all concepts through a Biblical worldview.
- Bachelor's degree from recognized college or university.
- Certification in teaching Elementary.
- Possess a personal and mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Create and manage a supportive, innovative, hands-on environment conducive to student learning.
- Plan, implement and document meaningful units that prepare students for secondary education; units should be biblically integrated, incorporate Expeditionary Learning Design Principles and promote student leadership, critical thinking skills and community service.
- Design rigorous and thorough lessons in accordance with Doulos determined standards, ensuring breadth and balance in all subjects.
- Identify clear learning targets for each lesson that are written in student friendly language and articulate desired student outcomes.
- Establish and maintain an effective classroom behavior management plan.
- Maintain a system of monitoring, assessing, record-keeping and reporting student progress towards mastery of standards.
- Possess high and clear expectations for self and students, holding students accountable to diligence in their responsibilities and believing that all students are capable of learning at a high level.
- Disciple students, getting to know them both inside and outside of school with the purpose of encouraging, instructing, and correcting them as disciples of Christ.
- Engage parents and families through regular communication regarding student progress, classroom expectations, upcoming events, etc.
- Form relationships with colleagues that lead to collaboration, growth, accountability and consistency across curriculum.
- Utilize ESL (English as Second Language)/SSL (Spanish as Second Language) teaching strategies.
- Track student attendance and tardiness daily.