Rotational Program (Purchasing/Supply Chain)
Tenneco Rotational Program
Purchasing/Supply Chain Rotational Career Opportunity
Starting Location will be at one of Tenneco’s Facilities located in North America
Tenneco is an automotive company that engineers and manufactures components for nearly every major automotive brand to make vehicles cleaner and safer. With our recent acquisition of Federal-Mogul, we also supply additional technology and some of the world’s most recognizable aftermarket brands to manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers, distributors and service facilities. These products improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and enhance safety. With our product portfolio, dedication to quality, global reach, entrepreneurial setting and competitive strength, we’re at a great place to build a lasting career.
Rotational Development Program Details
Tenneco’s Rotational Development Programs prepare highly talented entry level professionals to assume future leadership roles in fast-paced, results-driven disciplines. The programs are designed to equip participants with a broad overview of the company, business units and functional areas. Assignments taking place in plant, technical and/or corporate environments. The rotational program consists of two locations with multiple assignments, with each location assignment lasting approximately 12-20 months.
The assignments will increase in their level of responsibility and complexity, and involve working closely with all levels of leadership within the company. A critical component of the rotational program is participation in business and leadership training initiatives, both formal and experiential, to broaden your understanding of Tenneco’s business environment. This program also develops critical leadership skills and will establish a professional network needed to support your career growth.
Purchasing/Supply Chain Rotational Program
Once you start your career in Supply Chain or Purchasing, you will play a vital role in the day to day activities encompassing vendor relationships, supplier quality, sourcing, inventory planning, distribution operations, transportation and logistics. This program is specifically designed to give our new supply chain and purchasing professionals the critical skills and industry experience needed to establish a sound future of success and development. Upon completion of the rotational program, these employees will have the knowledge and "real world" experience needed to make informed decisions about their future career progression. Before you consider a career in Supply chain / Purchasing with Tenneco, can you answer yes to all of these questions?
- Do you desire to work in a purchasing or supply chain position for a global manufacturing company?
- Do you enjoy working in a team environment to problem solve?
- Are you looking for the challenge of working for an industry leading company with unlimited career potential?
- Are you excited to move from the theory of a classroom to the reality of a global organization?
If you have answered "yes" to these questions, the following are just some of the parts of your new assignment:
What you’ll be doing:
- Exposure to all aspects of the supply chain and purchasing function
- Interface with supply chain’s and purchasing’s internal customers and external suppliers
- Working on projects to improve performance within the supply chain
- Identify opportunities to improve processes in the purchasing and supply chain functions
- Working with purchasing leaders to source the best vendors to meet Tenneco's needs
- Working with suppliers to ensure flawless quality and on-time delivery
- Gain understanding of products, processes and people by working with manufacturing and distribution
- Help to development commodity strategies, sourcing activities, and project implementation.
- Research materials and suppliers to develop an expertise related to the commodity supported.
- Maintain consistent communication with suppliers to ensure RFQ timelines are met.
- Interface between suppliers and engineering/operations/marketing to answer any questions related to RFQ documents.
- Perform financial analysis of RFQ results to determine overall cost competitiveness.
- Make sourcing recommendations based upon RFI and RFQ results.
- Understand supply base and how they fit into the purchasing strategies and commodity strategies.
- Identify cost saving opportunities within supply base through effective sourcing strategies and pricing negotiations.
- Forecast future demand by using the latest statistical forecasting software
- Ensure customer fill rate expectations are met while maintaining inventory levels & turns
- Actively manage product lifecycles of over thousands of SKU’s -Detect and resolve potential supply disruptions
- Manage re-order points, lot sizes, lead times, etc. with the supply base
- Prepare, report, and communicate inventory metrics to management team
- Participate in various Supply Chain Projects supporting the Distribution Network realignment, new product launches, MRP system upgrade to SAP, etc.
Educational requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Purchasing, or related field (i.e. Business Administration, Industrial Operations, Etc.) with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Current Class Level: Senior or Graduate.*Employment will start in 2020*
· Permanent work authorization in the U.S. (No sponsorship is available for these positions)
- Co-op or internship assignments required
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of accomplishments both inside and outside of the educational setting
- Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Experience in a leadership role; guiding and directing a team towards a common goal
- Experience with lean management techniques preferred.
- Interest in automotive industry
· Required to relocate up to 3 times within the first 4 years of employment
- Greenville, MI
- Waupun, WI
- Manitowoc, WI
- Van Wert, OH
- Cambridge, OH
- Burlington, IA
- South Bend, IN
- Frankfort, IN
- Sevierville, TN
- Blacksburg, VA
- Athens, AL
- Lake City, MN
- Litchfield, MI
- Grass Lake, MI
- Seward, NE
- Marshall, MI
- Northville, MI
- Jeffersonville, IN
- Lansing, MI