Product Safety Summer Intern-Greensboro, NC
About this Job:
As an intern at Syngenta, you have the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry, and work on real projects finding real solutions. Work with us and you’ll get:
- Competitive wages
- Ongoing career development resources
- The opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects
- Meaningful projects that solve problems
May 2020-August 2020 *Start dates vary per position and can be flexible.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with experts, the chosen candidate will gain experience in using dietary and non-dietary risk assessment tools and conducting regulatory human health risk assessment.
- Understand the input requirements for conducting human health risk assessment and help collate them from various sources.
- Reviewing product labels and use directions to derive inputs for exposure and risk assessment.
- Collate scientific data relevant for exposure assessment from various sources, conduct analysis and prepare summaries.
- Utilizing survey and empirical data to refine human exposure and regulatory risk assessment
- Help with creating a tool to enhance access to and exploration of data to support residential exposure and risk assessments
Education & Experience:
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in fields related to Biological/Agricultural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Food Safety Science, computational toxicology with risk assessment, or other quantitative sciences (including quantitative biology, biostatistics, biophysics, etc.)
- Fluent in English and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Traits & Abilities:
- Communication- The ability to communicate information well (both written and spoken) is highly desired in this position
- Detail/Accuracy Oriented- All procedures and policies must be understood and followed
- Collaboration- The ability to work with individuals who come from diverse backgrounds
- Autonomous- An independent individual who is self-motivating and needs little supervision
- Excellent report writing and editing/proofreading skills
- The candidate needs to be proficient in Microsoft Office™ software, including MS Excel™, MS Word™ and PowerPoint™
- More in-depth skills in quantitative analysis tools like R, SAS, MatLab, etc., experience in working with relational databases like Access™, MySQL, Oracle, etc., and experience in computer programming like Visual Basic, C++, Python, PERL, Java, etc. would be a plus.