Federal Aviation Administration Internship (Paid, Spring 2020)
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) serves as the guiding force in ensuring air transport systems are safe, efficient and reliable worldwide. If you have an interest in the fields of aviation and aerospace, the FAA MSI Internship program could be a great fit for you.
Funded by the FAA and administered by The Washington Center, this is a unique opportunity for both undergraduate and graduate students like you, to get hands-on experience with the Federal Government while learning more about the aspects of the nation’s greatest aerospace system in the world. Students attending a Minority Serving Institution are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be eligible to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be able to work a full-time schedule (~40 hours a week) and part time schedule (up to 20 hours) for the duration of the program.
- Be a currently enrolled as a full-time graduate or undergraduate student at an accredited U.S. college or university, with a graduation date after the internship ends.
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have a confirmed interest in FAA and the scope of work presented in the internship job description.
Preferred majors include:
- Aviation (Aviation Management, Aeronautical Science, Aeronautical Engineering)
- Business Administration
- Communications (Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media)
- Computer Science/Computer Information Systems
- Cyber Security
- Engineering (General, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerodynamics, Aerospace, Computer)
- Human Resource Management
- International Studies
- Management Information Systems
- Organizational Leadership
- Space Studies
- Systems Engineering
- Web Design/Development
Application Deadline: November 15th, 2019
Spring dates: January 27th through April 8th (Tentative Dates)