Data Analytics Summer Internship
Why choose an internship with Wellmark? We strive to offer meaningful work that assists in your professional development and provides value to the team. You’ll gain valuable experience within the health insurance industry and put the skills and knowledge you’ve acquired in school to practice this summer during our 2020 Summer Internship Program. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from subject matter experts and leaders within the industry, network with fellow internship program participants, and gain practical, hands-on work experience.
If you’re eager to learn, collaborate with others, demonstrate your potential, develop customer-focused solutions, and grow into an exciting career, we hope you’ll consider an internship with us!
What’s Data Analytics at Wellmark? This opportunity is in Data Governance which resides within the broader Business Analytics team and works heavily to improve data quality by influencing data decisions within both Projects and Application Change Requests, as well as to help identify and resolve data issues in production. We believe strongly in continuously improving both our processes and our people, and in creating a work environment that is both effective and enjoyable to work within.
What projects might I support? Although subject to change, examples of projects are included below:
- Support the implementation of a new enterprise Metadata Management application
- Support the initiative to expand data quality monitoring & management within a data tool such as Informatica Data Quality (Informatica Analyst/Developer) by setting up rules and building out alerts, scorecards and dashboards
- Ancillary benefits of these projects include:
- Ability to understand Wellmark's approach to using data analytics
- Work with team to enhance and improve current tools and dashboards
- Gain exposure to business intelligence data warehousing and new softward
- Work closely to manage, maintain and enhance data sources behind the scenes from consumption
I’m interested! What’s next? Review the qualifications below. If the position is a match with your background and interests, please submit an application for review.
This internship will start in May of 2020.
Wellmark has been named one of the best employers in the U.S. by Forbes Magazine, ranking #3 out of the top 500 midsize employers in the nation and 1st among midsize insurance companies!
Minimum Qualifications Required (all must be met to be considered)
- Current student studying Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related program
- Familiarity with database systems, Microsoft Excel, and other data manipulation technologies, data visualization platforms and general data warehousing
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to develop proactive solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to make recommendations by translating data analysis insights into decisions and actions
- Strong technical aptitude, with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Demonstrated analytical skills, with the ability to concisely communicate recommendations to all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to work in a deadline driven, fast paced environment
Hiring Specifications Preferred
- Prior internship experience