2020 Campus Full Time Hire - Alternative Investments Associate 1
U.S. Bank is looking for emerging talent from undergraduate campuses ready to jumpstart their career with us. This position has been identified for a start date of January 21, 2020.
Why U.S. Bank?
Headquartered in Minneapolis, with a presence across the globe, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we are one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. We’re committed to doing the right thing, making smart changes and collaborating for the good of our customers, communities and other stakeholders – and especially for the good of one another (we’ve been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as a 2019 World's Most Ethical Company® for five years running). At U.S. Bank, you’ll be empowered with the tools you need to succeed in your role and grow your career.
Explore your career possibilities at U.S. Bank and join a company that’s as passionate as you are about helping our customers meet their goals and making a difference in the communities we live and work. Our industry-leading financial performance, innovative spirit and best-in-class reputation empower employees to succeed. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field, or equivalent work experience
- One or more years of experience in portfolio/partnership accounting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Basic knowledge of Advent applications preferred
- General knowledge and understanding of portfolio accounting and the investment management industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven team-oriented and organizational skills
- CPA or CFA certification preferred
- Position to be filled in January 2020
- Preferred December 2019 graduates
- Works as part of a team responsible for providing accounting, administration and investor servicing to investment companies and advisors.
- Serves as trusted advisor to clients by continually assessing changing business and strategies, as well as providing expertise, tools and information to focus on growing investments.
- Records trade information, income activity and pricing of securities in the Portfolio Accounting System.
- Calculates and disseminates financial and performance information to the fund client and the investment community at large. Enters and reconciles all investor contributions and withdrawals in the Partnership Accounting System.
- Allocates fund level profits to individual investors for preparation and distribution of investors statements.
- Coordinates fund expense authorizations and analysis. Prepares financial statements, audit and tax schedules.
We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.