Farm Marketing Consultant
General Summary of Position
The Risk Management Consultant provides top notch disciplined and comprehensive marketing and risk management services to area producers to enable clients to realize economic stability and profitability. This job would be located in Brookings, South Dakota.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Uphold and exemplify Hurley’s mission and vision statements
- Represent Hurley & Associates with integrity and professionalism
- Set professional and personal example to Hurley offices and their clientele
- Network in agricultural community with chambers, banks, associations, etc. to establish Hurley brand recognition
- Build & maintain solid business relationships/partnerships by developing trust and confidence with clients
Risk Management Services
- Complies with all CFTC, FCM and Hurley policies and guidelines
- Implement and monitor Futures Regulations for compliance
- Develop and implement marketing plans within overall Hurley philosophy for farm clients, taking into consideration their comfort zones in working with various tools
- Stay current on market knowledge and government programs relevant to marketing needs and goals
- As an objective third party, assist in defining client issues, problems, and opportunities faced by clients. By understanding situations or conditions, Risk Management Consultant makes recommendations, as appropriate, for each client.
- Re-evaluate marketing plans throughout the year and make necessary changes
- Maintain confidential client records and use Hurley proprietary software to project client cash flows and break even analysis
- Manage processes, policies, production, and client relationships
- Daily review of client positions, futures and cash
- Maintain regular communication with clients, Senior Consultants and Hurley corporate staff
- Prospect for new clients while maintaining and growing current client base
- Present Hurley & Associates portfolio of products and services in a variety of public settings
- Achieve agreed upon revenue goals.
- Provide educational assistance on marketing tools, as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Competencies
- Public, community, and business relationship skills
- Communication with industry, business, and community leaders
- Presentation skills to promote Hurley & Associates services
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Risk Management Services
- Client’s environment, operations, and financial risk tolerance
- Client financial components
- Marketing tools to assist in managing producer risk
- Grain and livestock market trading and impact on client operations
- Futures and Options markets
- Managing, peer mentoring and coaching, delegating skills
- Excellent salesmanship, communication, and time management skills
- Presentation skills for public speaking
- Customer service, satisfaction, and retention skills
- Budget development, cash flow and break even analysis
- Networking and prospecting skills in targeted territories
- Developing strategies for business plan implementation
- Effective and results oriented selling skills
Technical Skill Requirements
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Futures market
- Proprietary Hurley & Associates software
- Has access to confidential information and therefore, required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma with 3-5 years experience in farm agriculture business or …
- Associates or technical school degree with 2-4 years experience in agriculture or ..
- Bachelors Degree in Agriculture with 1-2 years related experience, preferred
Licensing or Certification Requirements
- Series 3 license for commodity brokers
- May be required to work more than 40 hours per week and must be willing to travel overnight occasionally.
Percentages of Work Responsibilities
- 70% Risk Management Services and compliance on personal book of business
- 20% Business Development
- 10% Leadership
Time spent in the above work responsibilities will change dependent on the consultant’s account load (i.e. a new consultant will spend much more time in business development than one with a full account deck).
Duties and responsibilities of the position may change according to the needs of the company.
Hurley & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.