2020 Summer Internship- Risk Management/Compliance- (Chicago)
What you’ll do
Our 10-week paid internship experience is dynamic and tailored to your interests. We think you should spend time doing something you love at a place you’re proud to work – not just earning a paycheck.
As an intern, you’ll:
- get hands-on experience solving business needs,
- support communities where we live and work,
- interact with senior executives,
- get paired with a formal mentor,
- attend social and professional development events,
- learn on how to work on a team,
- develop business acumen
- and more.
Why U.S. Bank?
Headquartered in Minneapolis, with a presence across the globe, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we are one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. We’re committed to doing the right thing, making smart changes and collaborating for the good of our customers, communities and other stakeholders – and especially for the good of one another (we’ve been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as a 2019 World's Most Ethical Company® for five years running). At U.S. Bank, you’ll be empowered with the tools you need to succeed in your role and grow your career.
Explore your career possibilities at U.S. Bank and join a company that’s as passionate as you are about helping our customers meet their goals and making a difference in the communities we live and work. Our industry-leading financial performance, innovative spirit and best-in-class reputation empower employees to succeed. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Risk Management and Compliance
Internship Responsibilities May Include:
• Processing reviews to mitigate risks
• Completing root cause analysis of risk occurrences
• Tracking assigned regulations
• Collaborating with internal partners to identify risks
• Developing algorithms for risk analysis
• Performing other related duties as requested
Potential titles may include:
• Risk Compliance Analyst (RCA) Professional
• Account Manager
• Credit Risk Analyst
• Quality Analyst
· Pursuing an undergraduate degree
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
· Ability to think and work independently within a professional setting
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
· Flexibility to work within a multi-discipline team and receive dynamic on-the-job training
· Highly organized; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
What to expect after you apply
U.S. Bank posts internship positions by location and career interest. Your recruiter can help you explore the various internship positions nationwide.
The internship position for which you’re applying may be placed under U.S. Bank’s subsidiary, Elavon. Elavon is wholly owned by U.S. Bank, the fifth-largest bank in the United States, and provides end-to-end payment processing solutions and services to more than 1.3 million customers in the United States, Europe, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. As the leading provider for airlines and a top five provider in hospitality, healthcare, retail and public sector/education, Elavon’s innovative payment solutions are designed to solve pain points for businesses from small to enterprise-sized.