Rehab Aide (Paid Internship)- Naperville, IL
Athletico’s sole purpose is to provide exceptional, progressive, and cost-effective fitness, performance and rehabilitative services through personalized care that emphasizes education and prevention of future injury.
The Rehabilitation Aide will assist the Office Coordinator and clinician by performing requested administrative and clinical duties. They will greet patients as they arrive to the clinic and work alongside the clinicians during treatment. These duties will be conducted in compliance with state practice act requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for treatments, assist during administration of treatments, and provides routine treatment
- Assists patient to put on and remove supportive devices, such as braces, splints and slings, before and after treatments
- Safeguards, motivates, and assists patients practicing exercises and functional activities under the direction of professional staff
- Provides routine treatments, such as hot/cold packs, and other modalities such as Ultrasounds, Electrical stimulation, etc.
- Cleans work are and equipment after treatment
- May inventory and requisition supplies and equipment
- Washes linens/towels, folds and maintains linen cabinets
- Maintaining restrooms and other areas such as windows as needed. Restocks with paper towels, tissue paper, soap and supplies
- Assists office coordinator with answering phones and scheduling appointments
- Assist office coordinator with keeping track of both non-medical and medical supplies for the clinic
- Files paper work and charts as needed
Education and Experience:
- Previous Clinical Aide or Rehab Tech experience preferred
- High school graduate and or intern preferred
- Demonstrate interest in the rehabilitation field
- Energetic and a team player
- Able to demonstrate compassion toward patients
- Complete tasks thoroughly
- Basic knowledge of office equipment preferred
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Patient/Client Satisfaction: Providing care/service that exceeds expectations
- Strong communication and presentation skills-written and verbal.
- Ability to clearly document all projects and manage production.
- Attention to detail and time management skills are required.
- The demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Possess the ability to fulfill any office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer based work, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.)
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel, and reach with hand and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding)
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Internal office
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low