Sexual Assault Prevention Intern (Grinnellink)
Sexual Assault Prevention Intern
Supervisor: Volunteer Coordinator, Debbie Cummings, Onboarding
On-site Sexual Assault Supervisor, Preventionist, Erin Weber
Location: Oskaloosa, IA
Primary purpose of position: Alongside CIS staff, intern will assist in the management and facilitation of CIS’ Youth Media Advisory Council and ZERO SV Campaign.
Time Needed: 5 or more hours per week
· Learn and model basic public health prevention strategies.
· Help CIS’ Youth Media Advisory Council members (high school students) meet their goals for the ZERO SV campaign – attend student meetings, edit writing and art, assist in school policy review, and more.
· Occasionally interact with high school teachers, officials, and administrators.
· Produce communication materials and advertise ZERO SV amongst high school audiences.
· Assist in focus group facilitation to receive and assess campaign feedback from high school students.
· Assist in program evaluation efforts, including building instruments, analyzing data, and interpreting results.
· Perform all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Responsibilities:
· Working knowledge of anti-oppressive strategies.
· Ability to keep information confidential.
· Willingness to work independently.
· Conduct oneself in a positive, professional, non-judgmental manner.
· Attend and participate in staff meetings when possible.
· Support, plan for and attend CIS events when possible.
· Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with coworkers and community members.
· Work with staff toward the common goal of providing excellent services to victims and survivors of sexual assault
· Successfully pass reference and background checks, including: criminal, sex offender, child and dependent adult abuse.
Application and onboarding contact: Contact CIS Volunteer Coordinator Debbie Cummings @ 641-673-0336 or email@example.com.
Required Training: Victim Counselor Training (VCT) is a 20-hour online training to be completed before beginning hands-on training. Iowa Code 915.20A grants confidentiality and victim counselor privilege to those who complete this training, and therefore, successful completion of this training is mandatory.