Underwriter Assistant - Jersey City, NJ
Our success is attributed to our philosophy of organic growth. The majority of our successful underwriters began their career as entry-level assistants. We focus on attracting individuals who possess the drive, initiative and desire to set their sights on turning a job into a career. It’s all about recognizing the big picture opportunity Bass offers, then working your way towards promotion and into a lucrative career.
We are currently looking to add an Underwriter Assistant to our team in our Jersey City, NJ office. An Underwriter Assistant provides support to an Underwriter and assists with reviewing applications, evaluating risk and processing new and renewal business. This role is a stepping stone on a direct career path to Underwriting.
· Review applications
· Evaluate risks
· Research carrier guidelines
· Interface with agents and insurance carriers
· Process and service new and renewal business
· Network with current agents to cultivate relationships and seek new opportunities
· Bachelor Degree – (Risk Management & Insurance or other related major or experience preferred)
· Strong customer orientation, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong problem analysis and resolution skills
· Must be able to prioritize and be responsive to complex issues
· Detail oriented and able to multi-task
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and able to navigate various websites and databases
Additionally, the successful candidate will be highly motivated with a positive outgoing personality, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, have a service mentality, and be comfortable in a fast paced environment.