Writer and Editor | Make a Difference - Immigrants Need Your Help
Please complete your application before November 30th, 2019.
Our team will review applications on a rolling basis and you could be called for interview between October 1 and November 30, 2019. Thank you for your patience while we consider your application.
If the qualifying criteria below match who you are and what you are looking for, please send us (1) a writing sample and (2) a quick paragraph of some of the things you hope to learn during the internship.
You should apply for this internship if:
- You have a heart for immigrants and are looking to make a difference in the world
- You want to learn how the real world actually works and get hands-on experience in writing, publishing, PR and content marketing
- You would like to publish, even with top publications such as Forbes or The Huffington Post
- You want to build a portfolio that is a door opener and will make your resume stand out after graduation
- You are interested in and would like to learn more about how new ideas, innovations, companies and social ventures are built and have an interest in starting your own some day
- You are looking for training from proven leaders and coaches who have trained high performers
- You want to end your internship having a stellar recommendation letter to add to your resume
- You want to learn about creating content and art that influences and makes people take action
- You are currently in the first, second, or third year at an accredited school.
- You commit to complete at least a 3 month internship program with the company, beginning as early as Oct 15, 2019 (rolling acceptance)
Preferred [though not necessary] qualifications:
- You have previous experience creating, synthesizing, writing or editing content and articles of different genre
- You have previous blogging, creative writing, journalism, yearbook, newsletter or PR experience
About the position
Students accepted in the internship program participate in remote targeted training and experiences and have the opportunity to take advantage of learning and development programs and systems that our company offers. This includes 1:1 mentorship, custom learning and development sessions, and other programs focusing on startup and social good innovation. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are critical components of what we as Aliens do so we ensure these topics are integrated throughout the program.
If accepted, internship participants are given a lot of responsibility and the opportunity to provide a meaningful contribution to their teams. Responsibilities are assigned to interns at the start of the program and continuously throughout their engagement.
* * * This position complies with the Fair Labor Standard Act.