Research and Development Lab Technician
Research and Development Laboratory Technician
Monday - Friday - 1st Shift
From the bluffs of the Mississippi River in Winona, Minnesota, The Watkins Company has been crafting award-winning gourmet products since 1868. Known for world-famous Vanilla Extracts, Cinnamon and Black Pepper, Watkins products have been family favorites for generations. As a leader in gourmet flavoring, The Watkins Company continues to be innovative in categories including the All Natural Baking Vanilla Extract, Organic Extracts, Organic Spices & Dry Seasoning Mixes, and natural Baking Decorations & Food Coloring that do not contain artificial dyes.
The Watkins Company has an opening for a Full Time, Research and Development Laboratory Technician in our Winona, Minnesota location. The duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Initiates and conducts stability studies for new products in development, finished products, and any other testing as necessary under the direction of the R&D Manager or designee.
- Documents analytical results accurately and promptly and prepares reports. Communicates results internally and externally.
- Assists in resolving discrepancies and Out of Specification (OOS) results.
- Compounds lab batches per the direction of chemist or manager.
- Logs in and prepares micro samples for submission, documents and tracks results in the micro log.
- Understands and follows written laboratory methods.
- Assists with analytical method development for new bulks and products.
- Collects required documentation for product submissions to 3rd party certifying bodies.
Our ideal candidate will at minimum:
- Possess or are working towards a degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Biology, or other lab related field.
- 1 plus years’ experience working or studying in a lab setting involving mathematics.
- Demonstrate intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
In addition to working in a strategic, dynamic and collaborative work environment, The Watkins Company offers a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance as well as a generous PTO package available upon hire; health club reimbursement and 401(k).