Marketing and Advertising Education (MADE) 2020 Summer Internship (paid)
MADE is an internship program for undergraduate students interested in the marketing and advertising industry. Founded by the ANA Educational Foundation, MADE places you at one of over 50 marketing/advertising/media companies including L'Oreal, NBC Universal, IBM, McCann, BBDO, Viacom and Ogilvy. Positioned as the “common app” for advertising/marketing internships, this paid program is designed to provide the skills, mentors, and training that will help you thrive in the industry. Ad Age profiled the MADE program which launched in 2018.
The program is sponsored by the Advertising Educational Foundation/Association of National Advertisers Foundation. ANA represents thousands of worldwide brands.
Who Can Apply
This is a program open to all current undergraduate juniors and seniors (regardless of your major, race, gender, ethnicity), and is designed to help students find a pathway to a great career in advertising, marketing, communications, social media, media services, or another related field.
See full list of participating companies here. Internship placements are nationwide including New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, and several other cities.
The Application Process
Applicants will do the following:
- Submit the Basics – A resume that includes your school, GPA, and other basic information.
- Academic Recommendation – You’ll need just one professor recommendation. This is so we get a sense of your intellectual curiosity.
- Recorded Digital Interview – You will be asked to respond to several interview questions. Answers will be recorded as part of your application. It’s our chance to see your passion, your emotion, and your interest in the industry.
- Final Interview – If you've been selected as a program finalist, a member of our team will interview you live via our video interview platform.
Preparation for the Summer
For those who do get offers, we plan to provide you with the following:
- Spring Semester Training – We'll prepare you with training during the spring semester. We'll connect you with industry leaders who will make sure you are briefed on the industry. We will also will make sure you get the career advice you need to make the most of your summer.
- Mentorship – You will be assigned a mentor who can serve as a resource for you over the course of the summer and beyond. We want them to be a sounding board for your personal and professional growth.
Submit the full application by Friday, January 10th.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit our frequently asked questions page for more info!