2019-20 Special Ed Long Term Sub Teacher, 1.0 FTE
Minnesota K-12 ASD and/or ABS teaching license required. Will consider EBD or LD licensure if candidate is willing to obtain ASD licensure within two years.
Job Duties and Requirements:
1. Develop and provide programming based on Individual Educational Plan and make recommendations based on analyzed assessment data.
2. Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means Schoology, newsletters, phone calls, emails, conferences, etc.
3. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
4. Maintains and improves professional skills by participating in building and department meetings, formal coursework, workshops and seminars in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices.
5. Works in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues and supervisors.
6. Responsible for case management of special education students
7. Complete required Due Process procedures within mandated time frames.
8. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Experience understanding EBD and Autism Spectrum Disorders.
2. Strong curriculum background with experience teaching core content curriculum and with teaching strategies.
3. Has previous experience teaming with special and regular education staff.
4. Has experience with providing developmental skill instruction in the areas of reading, language arts, math and social skills curriculum.
5. Has demonstrated knowledge in using a variety of behavior management strategies.
6. Evidence of positive communication skills and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
7. Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
8. Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary classroom technology.
9. Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
10. Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
11. Show initiative and function as a self-starter.