Staff Accountant I
To provide hands-on processing of day to day accounting transactions and participate in monthly close process. Specific responsibilities will include: journal entries, account reconciliations, account analysis, assisting with the annual audit, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for numerous day to day accounting activities including, but not limited to, assisting with annual audit procedures, providing samples and documentation to both internal and external auditors, reconciling account balances, account analysis, and preparation of journal entries and supporting schedules. Areas of focus include cash, prepaid assets, accrued expenses, payroll accruals, and various other balance sheet accounts.
· Communicate with other departments as needed to ensure financial information is correct as of the end of each month.
· Document monthly close processes and procedures. This will include both the formal accounting policies as well as the informal desktop procedures documenting how to perform each step.
· Assist with ad hoc requests as needed.
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Other Qualifications:
· BS in Accounting required; 0-2 years of experience preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Must be responsible and organized.
· Ability to multi-task; detail oriented and team player.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel, Outlook and Word.
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred.
· SOX 404 experience preferred.
· Experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, or other high-tech environment a plus.
· Capable of performing other duties as assigned by management.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Capable of being innovative and dynamic in approach to work.
· Authorized to legally work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Supernus Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.