The job holder will be the focal point for all financial matters relating to administrating and accounting for Travelex lease agreements.
· The remit will include the complex calculation and accounting for monthly Airport and ATM rental payments.
· Provision of analytical data and management of queries from external and internal parties.
· Assistance with budgeting and forecasting process and provision of data as required for contract preparation.
· Job holder will work closely with the BM and CAM teams
· Month end accounting and reporting for the Retail rental process inline with agreed timelines
· Production of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations for Airport rental accounts
· Actively participate in month end reviews with the RSA and GDC Finance counterparts
· Responsible for all month end close activities relating to the rent items in the financial statements
· Review new contracts for completeness and accuracy, and work with the contracts team to ensure that calculation rules are completely in line with contact terms. Manage the database that records contract terms and forecast liability calculations.
· Maintain rules-based calculation criteria of differing degrees of complexity in order to carry out Airport and ATM rental calculations together with the production of the Rental statements for the business partners,ensuring that payments are made in line with agreed terms.
· Apply financial control at each stage of the process to ensure that liability is in line with commitment.
· Preparation of yearly rental audits to validate actual payments against contract terms and engage with external independent auditors as required
· Frequently deal with inquiries and provision of commercial analysis on key contracts,supporting the RSA finance team and the business as required
· Assistance with budgeting and forecasting process and taking responsibility for the production of the rental budget for UK Retail
· Input to the contract modelling and contract negotiations as required
· Manage the relationship with all landlords in regards to administrating the related lease
· Produce and maintain ‘on the job process notes’ (SOPs) at a detailed level ensuring these are kept up to date to enable others to pick these up in time of absence.
· Maintain and develop sound professional working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and business partners, building confidence and developing deep understanding
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with accounting and finance experience
· Experience with Rent Scheduling, Lease Accounting, OR Property Management
· Proficiency in the use of MS office; experience with database applications or data manipulation
· Highly motivated with demonstrated experience managing multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline oriented work environment
· Team player with customer service mentality a business partner to Controller, VP of Finance, and colleagues across the organization
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin,gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.