Intern, Operations Control Team Analytics
Our comprehensive, 12-week paid internship program gives you the opportunity to test your skills working for the nation’s leading producer of cleaner fuels and developer of renewable chemicals. This internship will begin May 18, 2020 and end August 7, 2020.
The purpose of this position is to assist in implementation of analytics and simulation systems in support of production planning, procurement, pricing, and risk management.
CONFIDENTIALITY: This position will have access to information that is confidential to the operations of the company. That information must be held in highest confidence and failure to do so will result in disciplinary action which may include termination of employment.
• Compile data for and apply Supply Chain optimization programs
• Suggest analytics, optimization, and simulation strategies to employ to Operations Control Team
• Participate in performing customer and vendor analytics, pricing models, and activity-based performance metrics.
• Assists in the development of business intelligence
• Identify and compare analytic, optimization, and simulation methods for Operations Control Team
• Develop data cleansing, integrity, and flow processes using Excel VBA, Python, or other software packages for analytic, pricing, and optimization models
• Aid in interpretation of market information to assist in managing the overall risk profile
• Follow worldwide markets for commodity agriculture fats, oils, and petroleum products
• Assist in design and implementations of analytics projects
• Analyze research results with supporting research and proper documentation
• Formulate a recommendation based comparative evaluation of analytics methods
Other frequent duties:
• Interacts with Supply Chain Analysis and Planning Team on operations logistics and with Procurement Team and Sales Team on risk management for the company
• Coordinate with sales and procurement to maintain current availability of sales and feedstock supply and pricing
Perform other duties as assigned
Education Required: Pursuing a masters or bachelor’s degree – Finance or related degree
**Students must have at least 6 months left in program to be considered
Experience Required: Experience in manufacturing, technology development, and/or a financial analysis preferred
**Business environment experience, relevant courses, club participation and internship preferred
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
Advanced math and accounting skills
Financial modeling experience
Special skills or knowledge preferred:
Advanced Excel skills (Pivot table, Macros, Advanced Excel Functions)
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.