2020 Summer Career Exploration Program (Sophomore)
2020 Summer Career Exploration Program (Sophomore)
POSITIONS ARE LOCATED IN AUSTIN, TX, NEWPORT BEACH, CA, & NEW YORK, NY.
Please see the application process below as it requires multiple steps.
Career Exploration Program
PIMCO is a global investment solutions provider with a single mission: to manage risks and deliver returns for our clients. This program will allow you to explore and learn about the different career paths within the investment management industry and understand the different ways to manage risk and deliver returns.
Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a week of training. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO – everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship.
Get exposure to various business areas within investment management, including:
- Alternative Funds Finance: Responsible for the overall financial accounting and control, investment and fund-level term financing, tax structuring, valuation and compliance, operations and partner/other agreement oversight.
- Business Development Support: Plays an integral part in the initial sales/marketing process to prospective clients, as well as in the servicing of PIMCO’s existing clients and investment consultants.
- Client Data Science: Manages the information value chain for PIMCO’s sales and marketing functions with the aim of empowering them to exceed their objectives through powerful insights from data that drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Account Associate Group: Gather, analyze and discuss economic and market trends, evaluate portfolio structures, and deliver attribution analyses to Account Managers and their clients.
- Fund Business Group: Responsible for the oversight and administration of PIMCO’s global fund complexes. The group provides a broad array of business and administrative services to the funds and shareholders.
- GWM Internal Sales: Execute on sales campaigns, sales research, data analysis and reporting, and marketing responsibilities
- Marketing: Partners with client management, product strategy, executive office and other areas of the business to develop client servicing, marketing, educational content and campaigns for institutional and retail audiences.
- Product Strategy Group: A global team of over 130 professionals responsible for financial market expertise (both internally and externally), strategic business management, entrepreneurship and marketing for a wide range of PIMCO product lines
- Portfolio Management Trade Support: Serve in a dynamic role working alongside Senior Portfolio Associate(s) in providing key support across portfolio management and trading desks.
Summer Internship Program Details and Highlights:
- Starts in early June, 10 weeks in length
- Week 1 consists of PIMCO Fundamentals training in Newport Beach, CA
- Formal mentor program
- Global speaker series
- Professional skills workshops
- Global Month of Volunteering
- Career exploration project
- Assigned to a single team with opportunities to shadow and network with other groups within PIMCO
Corporate Social Responsibility Project:
In partnership with Purpose at PIMCO, you and your fellow PIMCO Career Exploration interns will participate in a summer-long corporate social responsibility project to positively impact and give back to your surrounding community.
At PIMCO, we understand both the opportunity and obligation to effect meaningful social change. Our focus on hunger and gender equality reflects our belief that these are fundamental issues critical to human development and sustainable worldwide economic growth.
- We give. We donate to high performing non-profit partners to support critical on-the-ground services and innovative opportunities around the globe.
- We act. We invest our time, skills and expertise to drive meaningful impact in the communities where we work and live.
- We advocate. We aim to take leadership within our industry as thought leaders and strategic partners to create solutions and advocate for change.
- Undergraduate students with an expected graduation date of Dec 2021 - Jun 2022
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Ambitious, intellectually curious and interested in gaining insight into the various career paths within financial services.
- Please submit your resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript, and 300 word (max) response (see below) at careers.pimco.com by December 1, 2019 11:59pm PST. However, we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible, as resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Please submit a 300 word (max) response to the following question: “How can the finance industry benefit society?”
- Please upload all 4 documents separately. Make sure each file has a descriptive name (ie: Last name, First name_Resume)
- Please indicate any preference for geographic location in your cover letter.