Venture For America Class of 2020 Fellow
Are you happiest when you’re building something? Do you want to make a real impact at a startup? Are you ready to join a supportive community of entrepreneurs who are creating jobs in American cities?
Venture For America is seeking college seniors and recent grads who are excited by the opportunity to grow with a startup, make an economic impact on an American city, and learn entrepreneurial skills.
We’re looking for applicants from any academic background who are well-rounded, highly motivated, and community-focused to join our newest class!
Our application consists of a written application, a video interview, and a full-day in-person interview.
WHO WE ARE:
Venture For America is your path to a fast-paced, high-growth career in startups. As a VFA Fellow, you’ll learn from world-class entrepreneurs and business leaders at our intensive Training Camp before starting a full-time salaried position at a startup in one of 14 US cities with emerging startup ecosystems. On the job, you’ll roll up your sleeves and learn how to build a business by apprenticing under an experienced entrepreneur. We support Fellows with ongoing mentorship, our network of 1K+ Fellows and Alumni, and opportunities to fund their ideas when they’re ready to start a businesses. If you are resilient, a lifelong learner, and want to become a startup leader or even found a company of your own one day, VFA is the path for you.
Venture For America empowers the next generation to become leaders by helping them launch their own companies, create opportunities for themselves and add value locally.
- October 4, 2019
- November 21, 2019
- January 31, 2020
THE FELLOWSHIP TIMELINE:
- Apply: Applications are open from August until January 31st. Depending on which deadline you apply, you will know within two months if you’ve been extended an offer.
- Offer: Immediately after accepting your offer: You’ll be part of a close-knit community of peer, mentors, and advisors that includes experienced entrepreneurs and industry experts. You’ll get feedback on your resume, professional bio, and interview coaching so you’re best positioned to thrive when our exclusive job platform opens in the spring.
- Spring 2020: Find a great, salaried job in a startup in one of the 14 U.S. cities where VFA works. You'll use Venture For America's exclusive platform that's just for Fellows and our hiring partners to apply and interview for jobs in our network. You have control over your job search process to find the right fit for you within our community.
- July 2020: Training Camp— This rigorous month-long training program includes multi-day workshops and collaborative projects, and features sessions led by organizations such as Flatiron School, IDEO, top consulting firms, and noteworthy entrepreneurs and investors. Throughout the month, you will build powerful relationships with other Fellows and the VFA team.
- August 2020: Move to your new city and begin working at your new startup.
- August 2020–July 2022: As you work full-time, follow a robust two-year curriculum with opportunities for ongoing skill and character development, along with events and programs to keep you plugged into the VFA network. Launch projects or ventures of your own using resources, like our validation challenges, pitch competitions, and accelerator.
- Network: Opportunities to stay connected through events, mentorship, annual reunion, alumni boards, and more.
- Professional Development: VFA has an entire team dedicated to providing top notch professional development and mentoring for Fellows
- Funding Opportunities: Every year VFA invests at least $150K in Fellow-founded companies.
- Accelerator: A full-time, residential accelerator that helps Fellow founders refine their business models, prepare for meetings with outside investors, and launch their businesses the right way.
- Interview Prep: Resume and interview coaching through Match and job transitions.
Venture For America is creating economic opportunity in American cities by mobilizing the next generation of entrepreneurs and equipping them with the skills and resources they need to create jobs.
WHERE FELLOWS WORK:
Baltimore, Birmingham, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Kansas City, Miami, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Antonio, and St. Louis
To apply you must: be a US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or DACA Recipient; have earned your undergraduate degree by Spring 2020; and/or graduated with your first undergraduate degree in Spring 2017 or later.
Email email@example.com if you have questions about the Fellowship or application process.
To apply go to ventureforamerica.org/apply.
What is Venture For America?
Venture For America is a two-year fellowship program that matches recent graduates with startups in cities with emerging startup ecosystems.
Venture For America is a two-year fellowship program for recent college graduates interested in entrepreneurship and working in a fast-paced, innovative startup environment. VFA Fellows interview with vetted company partners across U.S. cities with emerging startup ecosystems. After securing the right full-time, salaried job, Fellows train for a month with world-class business leaders and entrepreneurs to build the skills they’ll need to succeed in a startup environment and as founders. Throughout the Fellowship, they learn how to contribute to a high-growth business and gain access to mentorship, ongoing training, and the nationwide VFA community. When Fellows and alumni are ready to build companies of their own, whenever that may be, VFA provides the resources they need to become entrepreneurs.
Our goal is to help the next generation become leaders capable of launching their own companies, creating opportunities for themselves and others, and adding value to their local communities.