Teachers hold primary responsibility for the implementation and development of NLCP curriculum and the success of its students. Therefore, NLCP seeks teachers who are passionate and committed to continuously improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration as part of a department and grade level team.
- Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards;
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards;
- Drive student success;
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices;
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior;
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards;
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues;
- Participate in staff orientation and training.
- Passion to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom; Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom;
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subject;
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player;
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred; and
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred.
- Valid State of Illinois Certification is preferred.