Part – Time Sports Internship – Spring 2020
- ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES Assist with day-to-day responsibilities as requested by the executive director as they pertain to Opportunity on Deck. Attend and contribute to one of OOD’s board of directors’ meetings and may be requested to attend a committee meeting if it aligns with their project(s).
- PROGRAMMING Responsible for setting up OOD’s 2020 college visits and executing/leading the spring semester visit. Responsible for finding the facilities and coaches for our summer baseball and flag football programs.
· MARKETING Always presents self well to enhance OOD’s visibility and image in the community. Invite volunteer coaches to participate in OOD clinics. Creates marketing materials and text to promote the programs they plan for the organization.
- CORPORATE RELATIONS In partnership with the community engagement committee will be expected to market OOD to larger companies in Des Moines and central Iowa in order to develop relationships with those who are willing to volunteer and/or donate funds to support our mission.
- ON SITE ASSISTANCE Will be asked to attend OOD programs that are a result of their planning or are necessary to the projects they are working on (e.g. conducting survey at practice, attending a one-time event they have planned). May be compensated for OOD event assistance that is outside of their job description (e.g. presenting at local conference on behalf of the organization).
- LEGACY Help develop the best procedures for this position as position evolves and enhance the position’s binder outlining this position in detail that someone else can use to step in as needed for future years if candidate does not come back the next year. Provides direction, suggestions and ideas to improve processes and provides new ideas to standardize systems and areas that could be streamlined and simplified when appropriate.
· OTHER As an integral part of the OOD team, responsible for assisting as requested. Must present internship success to the OOD team at the conclusion of their internship. Provides stellar communication to staff, volunteers, attendees/parents, and vendors through regular email communications, phone calls and using other communication resources as deemed appropriate.