Intern-Internal Audit #9955
A Day In The Life Of An Internal Audit Intern (9955)
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. Internal Audit works in a team-centric agile environment. Interns gain exposure to a variety of different topics that will excite and challenge them. Interns complete general insurance/bank audit work through the assignment of specific controls testing for a variety of business processes, validation of existing audit findings, and risk assessment of business processes. Additionally, they are involved in one or more projects with other interns and Internal Audit employees, which will showcase their creativity and problem solving skills. Internal Audit interns are assigned a mentor to assist with training and understanding, but we are a team and everyone is here to help. Interns will be expected to be able to work both individually and collaboratively.
Locations: Bloomington, IL, Richardson, TX and Tempe, AZ
- Knowledge of Audit procedures.
- Basic understanding of risk identification, controls, testing and data analysis. Completion of minimum of 1 Internal Audit Course or Risk Management course
- Interns must be enrolled in college and have one semester remaining upon completion of the summer internship
- 3.5 grade point average or higher
- Must be currently enrolled at a college or university with one semester remaining after the completion of the internship (ie. graduation date of December 2020)
We Are Looking for Candidates With:
Some internships are seeking students with a general audit background, while others desire more specialized skills in data analytics, experience with claims, or a background in Bank Audit/Compliance, but they are not required. If you have an interest in being part of the intern program apply!
- Bank Compliance, Operational, Economics, Data Science, Accounting or Finance knowledge, education and/or experience.
- Understanding of audit techniques and standards including experience with risk assessment and control testing.
- Agile methodology experience.
- Experience with the use of data to form conclusions including knowledge of data analytic tools.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
What You Can Expect
- Hours Of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM -4:15 PM
- Dates: May 18, 2020 - July 31, 2020
- Competitive Benefits, Pay, and 401k Plan
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We’re here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!