College Intern – Marketing / Communications
Cianbro Equipment is offering a summer 2020 internship to a talented individual who would like to work directly with the Equipment Procurement Team to gain experience with a multi-million dollar construction company’s purchasing, rental and sales departments.
We are looking for an ambitious individual looking to gain experience using social media, assisting in website design, advertising, branding, and communication. In addition to being an excellent communicator, a successful candidate will need to have interest in marketing techniques, social media landscape, graphic design and will have strong multitasking and organizational abilities.
• Work closely with assigned mentor.
• 2 Weeks
– Work with hourly and salaried personnel across the Rentals, Sales, and Procurement teams to learn what, how and why we do what we do.
• 8 Weeks
– Working with the IT department our internal Rentals, Sales, and Procurements Teams to enhance and improve the efficacy of the Cianbro Equipment sales/rental website.
-Assist in developing advertising methodology for selling and renting equipment to ensure best return on investment.
-Review marketing strategies to promote awareness of our tools, equipment, consumables, forms, shoring, scaffolding, along with support services, to all internal customers.
-Review our branding and work with leadership on establishing a recognizable brand.
-Assist in developing a way to effectively communicate with all markets.
-Find creative and engaging ways to listen to customer needs to capture consistent customer feedback both inside and outside the company.
-Assist in developing the marketing budget (advertisements, branding, and communication).
-Quantify the return on investment for marketing strategies.
• 1 Week
– Develop a 45 minute presentation to be given to Company Executives and the Rental, Sales, and Procurement Managers highlighting accomplishments and recommendations.
Qualifications / Experience:
• Must be enrolled in a degree program (major or minor) in marketing, communications, graphic design, or show interest and experience with relevant skills.
• Must be a self-starter
• Strong organizational skills
• Able to work effectively in a team environment
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365 Apps
• Strict adherence to company policies
Primary work location will be in Pittsfield, Maine. Local travel may be required.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer.