Kindergarten Teacher - Baton Rouge
BASIS Baton Rouge is seeking a Kindergarten Teacher to begin asap!
The role of the Kindergarten Teacher is to ensure the day-to-day exceptional education of students by preparing and facilitating subject specific lesson plans. Kindergarten Teachers implement the established BASIS Curriculum by designing effective, creative lessons and assessments, which display passion for the subject, and educate and monitor students in a self-contained classroom.
- Teach high-level content in an interactive learning environment across a variety of different subjects
- Develop appropriate lesson plans and pacing to meet BASIS curriculum standards
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth
- Manage individual student success and discipline
- Keep appropriate records and prepare progress reports
- Prepare and facilitate subject and grade specific lesson plans
- Communicate with parents through e-mail, conferences, and other means to discuss student progress
- Collaborate with other BASIS Curriculum teachers to further develop curriculum/subject material and build a community of like-minded professionals passionate about education
- Participate in extracurricular activities, such as clubs, sports, and school events
- Execute benchmark assessments to monitor student progress
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, individuality and respect in all students
- Support the execution of non-instructional functions, such as "Early Bird," "Late Bird," and lunch
- Maintain regular, full, predictable attendance
- Supervise individual students and/or groups of students
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in education or related degree (or 24+ credit hours in applicable subject matter with other degree)
Certifications and Credentials: Valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card and/or satisfactory applicable state background check
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in early childhood development or early education
Experience: 2+ years elementary teaching/early education experience
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.