Early Childhood Teacher
This is an international teaching position.
Start Date: Mid year and New School Year options
This position has multiple vacancies located in China and the UAE.
Come make your profession a part of your mission!
Leadership Development International is searching for passionate educators to join a group of international schools serving China and the United Arab Emirates. Leadership Development International (LDi) has operated International Schools Consortium (iSC) for over 30 years. We follow a North American-based curriculum for students Pre K-12. LDi has locations in six cities across China and one in the United Arab Emirates, and is influencing the lives of more than 2,200 students. Along with a top-notch international education, LDi integrates character, integrity,and truth into the lives of students and their families. Our goal is to find workers to come with us and have a lasting impact on future world changers.
To learn more go to: Ldi.global
Provides leadership in the classroom that includes planning, executing, and evaluating all programs necessary to fulfill the school's learning expectations for the students while creating a nurturing environment where students can thrive, feel safe and be motivated to learn.
Leads each class with thorough planning and execution of material to fulfill the school’s learning expectations for all students, while helping each individual student learn, develop and grow.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons that meet ISC standards.
- Take into account the differing ability of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- Instruct in principles and concepts appropriate for the course.
- Manage classroom to ensure an environment that is safe and conducive to learning.
- Assess, record and report on the development and progress of students
- Provide adequate information, plans, and materials for substitute teacher if absent.
- Maintain current and accurate student records, including grades and attendance.
- Engage in collaborative planning with Department Head and other teachers to develop best practices in methods of teaching and assessment.
- Maintain proper classroom discipline and referring major problems to the principal.
- Develop a positive, nurturing class environment.
- Implement instructional technology, audio-visual materials, class projects, and other methods that enhance learning.
- Assign homework that supports learning and is within expectations and goals.
- Hold help classes after school as needed.
- Supervise assemblies, extracurricular activities, organizations, outings as assigned.
- Take part in professional development programs and other training opportunities.
- Keep classroom and other work areas tidy and clean.
- Carry out any other specific duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with teaching certificate when required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with foreign and national students with sensitivity to unique and multicultural perspectives and thoughts.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, execute, and evaluate in the classroom setting.
- Strong ability to connect with students and inspire them.
International Schools Consortium (iSC) is a nonprofit organization that, since 1986, has offered excellent academic programs to meet the intellectual, physical, and emotional needs of students. iSC has six schools in China, one school in the UAE, and helps to support various other educational initiatives globally.
iSC is a multi-school program, enabling students and teachers to participate in system-wide programs where they can interact with others outside of their immediate school. Students compete in basketball, volleyball and soccer tournaments, as well as music and choral festivals, and Model United Nations (MUN) conventions.
- Health Insurance
- Pre-field and on-field cultural training
- Monthly Salary
- Tuition for Children
- Eligibility for paid Master's degree program when a second (2 year) contract is signed
- Language Tutoring