Intern - Human Resources (Summer 2020)
A PPL Intern/Cooperative Associate is a temporarily employed full-time college student in an accredited four-year institution of higher learning, who is offered a work-study program designed to give college students practical work experience in their field of study. This program often helps students determine career interests. Beyond the scope of the actual tasks performed, the student becomes familiar with a corporate environment and gains practical skills and knowledge to supplement their classroom experience. Joining PPL as an intern/cooperative associate provides you with the opportunity to explore possible career opportunities along with:
- Meeting senior executives,
- Becoming members of business resource groups,
- Participating in community service projects, and
- Contributing to departmental goals.
This intern will work in the Corporate Services Human Resources department working on a variety of tasks, including assisting in the recruitment and new employee onboarding process, interview scheduling, administrative work within the department, including, but not limited to; filing, scanning and organizing documents, and basic computer work.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university program.
- Enrolled in a curriculum leading to a Baccalaureate or Master's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field of study.
- Enrolled on a full-time basis (12 semester hours). Students may not continue as an Intern/Co-operative Associate once they have graduated.
- Have an acceptable overall (cumulative) grade point average, not lower than a 3.0.
- Eligible to work in accordance with Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) regulations.
- Able to provide an official student transcript and other required information.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.