Internship - CEHJ Science Communication - Spring 2020
CEHJ Science Communication Internship
The Center for the Exploration of the Human Journey (CEHJ) at the Perot Museum of Nature and Science is a dynamic team of archaeologists and science communicators dedicated to uncovering and communicating the science and stories around our shared humanity. The CEHJ is seeking a Science Communication intern for the Fall of 2019 to advance its education and outreach initiatives throughout the museum and local community. This position is designed to advance the academic and professional training of the next generation of science communicators in anthropology through mentorship and hands-on presenting experience to a variety of audiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop programming for a variety of museum audiences
- Design educational presentations, materials and resources for teachers and students
- Assist the CEHJ team in creating a professional development workshop in anthropology/human evolution for public and private school educators in the Dallas-Fort Worth area
- Other duties as assigned
- The successful applicant will be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in anthropology or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience in informal education a plus
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
To apply for this position please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15th, 2019. Your cover letter should address how you are qualified for this position and what you hope to gain from this experience. Please be sure to include whether or not you plan on earning university credit for this internship and if your institution has specific requirements that need to be met.