Systems Engineer BI
Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Systems Engineer - BI is a member of Meredith's Business Insights team and participates in the development of dashboards and self-service enabled reports. The primary responsibility for this role is to work closely with business and technical teams to translate business requirements into automated reporting and dashboard solutions to help inform business decisions. The person in this role must possess strong communication skills and can interact with technical or non-technical people as needed.
- Working with stakeholders to capture business requirements that will be used in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of BI solutions
- Developing technical requirements for handoff to other development teams within the organization
- Following best practices and organizational design standards to ensure that common, reusable solutions are developed
- Participating in the design of data acquisition, data modeling, data movement, metadata management, and QA testing
- Works with minimal supervision within defined goals
- Works within a collaborative, empowering team environment
II. Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
Individual Delivery: Design and develop enterprise business intelligence dashboard and reporting solutions. Work with business stakeholders to establish reporting and analytic requirements. Translate business requirements into technical ETL and report specifications. Develop and implement interactive dashboards, reports and queries in support of business analytics.
Architecture: Provide technical and architectural guidance to projects and teams. Recommend appropriate technology within our technology stack to support implementation of business requirements. Research new business intelligence technologies and trends. teams.
Governance: Apply and enforces data standards and guidelines as established within the data governance framework to drive consistency in data definitions, sources, data usage and quality. Responsible for ensuring that code and data are reviewed for quality and accuracy before delivering to the end-user