Summer Internship - Electro Optical Engineering - Civil Space - Job ID 10137
Summer 2020 Internship - Electro Optical Engineering - Civil Space Division
The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL), a University Affiliated Research Center, has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for almost six decades. Our expertise is in space and airborne IR, VIS, UV, and RF sensors, small satellite technologies, test and calibration, cybersecurity, data visualization and assurance, and ground stations.
SDL’s internship program provides an exciting opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to get involved with state-of-the art technologies in space-, airborne-, and ground-based systems. With the support of engineers and mentors, interns are able to work on professional-level assignments that complement their academic studies. The program also includes training workshops, networking opportunities, and a variety of summer events and activities.
The Civil Space Division is looking for several exceptional student electro optical engineers for a summer internship. Interns will be tasked with varying duties based on current projects, needed support, and phase of development.
· Experience or understanding of at least one of the following areas: optical design and analysis, optical system testing, interfacing or testing focal plane array systems
· Experience with team collaborative tools
· Experience with optical design, testing, or analysis
· Ability to work hands on assembling and testing hardware
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
· Ability to work closely in a team with students and professionals
· Ability to take initiative and ask questions
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
Physics, Electrical Engineering
Junior, senior, or graduate student
3.2 GPA minimum is required
Intern Hiring Process
Oct 7, 2019 – Dec 15, 2019
Once your application is submitted, you will be emailed an invitation to complete a short, digital interview using HireVue. If you do not receive an email within 24 hours of submission, please contact us at our employment email.
Interviews may occur any time within each hiring period so we encourage you to complete and submit your application as early as possible. Our goal is to notify all applicants of their status by January 15th, 2020.