Summer Intern, Product Management
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2020
Location: Oakland, CA
SiriusXM + Pandora have joined together to create the world's largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it!
As a Product Management Intern on our Ad Product team, you'll have the opportunity to learn how ads power our billion-dollar ad business. With a specific focus on strategy & planning, you'll get to work closely with other product managers, and leadership to improve how we bring products to market, how we prioritize and measure success, and how we push to continually improve. You will have the opportunity to build and deliver a small feature, experiment, or process improvement and have exposure across the product development organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive a feature, experiment or process improvement end to end from interviewing users and defining requirements through developing the feature and on to measuring results.
- Respond to existing insights or internal metrics to drive product decisions and prioritization. Use data to tell a story and drive excitement.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify best path. Provide innovative and simple ideas to improve operational capabilities and to benefit the listener.
- Bring new thinking to challenge conventional wisdom. Ask insightful questions.
- Document trade-offs of different approaches and work collaboratively with leadership to make decisions.
- Identify problem areas, drive productive meetings with clear agendas, create thorough documentation that is easy to understand.
- Synthesize information and feedback into an action plan.
- Build relationships and collaborate with SiriusXM + Pandora's expert designers, product managers, analysts, scientists, engineers, sellers, operations managers, and musicologists to drive ideas from concept to market.
- Identify breakthrough innovations based on insights from quantitative and qualitative research, market analysis and cutting edge business experimentation techniques.
- Showcase your work and get feedback from a large team of product management experts.
- Perform other duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be enrolled in a college, university or trade school to qualify. Students who are within one year of graduation preferred. Recent graduates may also be considered.
- Currently enrolled MBA or similar area of study preferred.
- Previous internship or work experience in consumer Internet or other consumer technology products preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to communicate with executive stakeholders, anticipating questions and articulating decisions with supporting rationale.
- A passion for music, and the ambition to create ad formats that consumers actively look forward to experiencing.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Ability to collaborate with technical team members in an Agile-Scrum environment.
- Experience or passion for working with advertising and/or music products.
- An understanding or interest in broadcast or digital advertising.
- Interaction design experience or user research experience a plus.
Please note that all SiriusXM + Pandora internships are paid.
SiriusXM + Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.