2020 Summer Internship Program
JetSuite & JSX, are proud to announce our 2020 Summer Internship Program. We are the fastest growing jet charter company in the nation and looking forward to offering opportunities in several of our key departments during our 10-week program. There is potential, if your school schedule will allow, for you to extend an additional 2 weeks. You can expect to participate in exciting projects designed specifically for our Summer Internship program within your specific area of focus as well as cross department shadowing! Students from all schools, those who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented in the Aviation industry (including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Native American, students with disabilities, and veterans), and those with non-Aviation majors are encouraged to apply. During your internship as a JetSuite | JSX Crewmember you will not only take away real life experiences but 500 new family members! We believe our Crewmembers are the Soul of our Team and the true reason our operation stays afloat.
Summer Internships are available in the following department:
- You will help support Talent Acquisition inside our Corporate Soul Team (better known elsewhere as HR) grow! You'll get exposure within large event support, full-cycle recruiting, and assisting in our Student Relations planning for 2021. Also, the Corporate Soul intern will gain insight into social media management, content creation, employer spotlights, and engagement.
- You will be exposed to numerous marketing activities including concept idealization, promotion campaign development, Customer Engagement program development and execution, partnership management, data analytics and more. This person would be instrumental in our day-to-day activities, assisting with data cleanup, salesforce, email marketing campaign setup, research and metrics reporting.
- You will lead impactful business projects and gain valuable hands on experience while learning from experienced marketing professionals across our full operation. You will be presented with a real-world business challenge and tasked to think critically and engage with cross functional departments. Engage in hands on brand work, strategic development, and analytical insights. You have great autonomy as well as full support, guidance, and feedback from their managers and the marketing team throughout the internship.
- You will be exposed to pilot, crew, and aircraft operational data, and will help compile this into a meaningful and actionable statement of need. The deliverables are critical to be able to make informed business and safety decision, both for the short term and the long term, in aviation operations. You will be responsible for gathering information from company safety programs (LOSA, ASAP, FOQA and more) to synthesize and prepare for discussion.
Accounting & Finance
- The Accounting & Finance teams are each looking for an intern who will partner with the department to deliver analysis and decision support of for new tools and technology to manage the airline, helping to improve operations and the customer experience. Analysts will develop relationships with their business units as well as other departments to maximize the effectiveness of projects designed to improve the relative cost performance for JSX and JetSuite. Analysts are also expected to present original analysis and strategies to senior management, design and improve departmental business processes, analyze the impact of projects on the airline’s cost structure, and work on ad hoc projects related to the airline’s strategic goals. Success in this internship will lead to a better understanding of how financial decisions drive the airline and the industry and will position the analyst for future opportunities both within Finance and other areas within the airline.
- You will provide an exceptional and flawless experience to high net-worth clients, while working closely with internal departments, including the Leadership Team, Operations, and Accounting. Our intern will be apart of a dynamic and fun work environment, where your voice will be heard and have meaning. Guest Services is where we nurture the client experience from start to finish.
- You will be part of the team who plans JSX's route network, providing critical analysis of exist markets, and give feedback on future markets. The Commercial team carefully constructs our network, ensuring our entire fleet is being optimized as efficiently as possible so that our Customers can continue to experience simple, reliable, and joyful air travel.
- You will help bring an outside perspective that will aid the department in identifying opportunities to become more efficient. With our growing fleet you will assist in crew planning, records and full scale audits. The ideal candidate will be enrolled in an aviation program with aspirations to fly for us one day!
- You will assist in evaluating special projects, research fleets and aircraft, and provide market analysis at the direction of the CEO. The ideal intern will be able to able to compare and synthesize incongruous data sets, as well as possess strong communication (written and spoken) skills to relay findings. A day-in-the-life of an executive intern includes: data analysis, comparison of OEM engineering output, and compilation of findings that will be presented to key stakeholders.
Applications: September 16th, 2019 - November 25th 2019
Interviews: October 2019 through February 2020, on a rolling basis
First Day Orientation: June 1, 2020
Last day of 10-week Internship Program: August 7, 2020
Last day of extended 12-week Internship Program: August 21, 2020
Outcomes & Responsibilities
- Remain professional, logical and level-headed in stressful situations
- Vigilant and aware of surroundings and circumstances and be present in the moment to recognize and act upon anything unsafe
- Timeline focused with a high degree of calm urgency
- Articulate and polished both verbally and visually
- Knowledge of computer systems such as Google business, Microsoft Office
- Computer Savvy
- Authorization to work in the US
Required Education and Experience
- Currently enrolled in a full-time BA/BS/MBA or equivalent degree program
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching and prolonged periods of sitting
- Ability to occasionally lift 75+ pounds.
The vision of JSX is to provide simple and reliable air travel that reignites the joy and wonder of flying. JSX launched service in April 2016 selling daily flights on 30-seat jets from private terminals on the West Coast and Las Vegas. By coupling the speed and convenience of the private flying ground experience with the flight frequency and fares of commercial airlines, JSX has quickly grown in both size and popularity and, today, offers over 300 flights a week to six destinations. In addition to the extreme efficiency and time savings due to the elimination of airport lines and hassles, JSX offers a superior onboard customer experience with complimentary snacks, beverages and business-class legroom at every seat within its beautifully appointed E135s. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, and backed by major investors including JetBlue and Qatar Airways, JSX is poised to significantly expand its fleet and footprint in the coming months and years. We are actively seeking fun, passionate and innovative Crewmembers (the terms we use for all employees – whether they fly or not!) to join us in our quest to change how the world experiences air travel.
JetSuite offers the first and only premium experience in the light jet category with a fleet comprised entirely of Embraer Phenom 100 and 300 aircraft. After 10 years of operation, we have flown more hours on the Phenom than any other operator in the world. Whether you are flying solo or in a group of up to 7 passengers, we have you covered. JetSuite delivers an enhanced cabin experience with an expertly curated catering menu, premium snacks & wine, amenity kits, luxurious blankets, and much more. Safety is paramount and JetSuite is ARG/US PLATINUM, the highest rating achievable in civil aviation, and an accolade bestowed on fewer than 5% of charter operators nationwide.
For frequent fliers, we have the SuiteKey membership, where clients enjoy preferred, fixed hourly rates, no repositioning fees, 365-day access, and guaranteed availability with 48 hours notice. Clients simply deposit at the Chairman, Founder or Executive levels and fly against those funds by emailing or calling our expert, always-on, Guest Services team.
For those who fly less frequently, we offer charter services on and off the JetSuite fleet depending on your mission.
The position holder shall demonstrate a range of behavioral competencies to a high level, and want to use these to the full extent when they work. This is as important as having a relevant level of quality experience of the job and content. We look for evidence of the job content, in addition to evidence of the below key behavioral competencies.
It is important to keep sight of not only what we are trying to achieve, but also how we would like to achieve it. We commit to maintaining a culture of Safety, Excellence, and Integrity, each of which we believe will result from living by the following Core Values:
- Serve from the heart
- Love what you do
- Improve something today
- Seek first to understand
- Deliver on commitments
- Make the most of what you have
- Make mistakes valuable
- Have fun
- Ask for help
- Keep calm and press on
May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, technical developments, etc).
JetSuite and JSX seek to ensure affirmative action in order to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, as well as to ensure that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.